- So what is Spryt? Spryt is a free to use social network helping you discover new teammates, opponents, training partners, coaches and facilities near your home and work.
- Why use Spryt? Team Spryt have categorised all sports and activities by location and criteria. Our geo-location search engine enables an instant and accurate discovery and ranking of the nearest player, coach, club or facility of your selected sport or activity.
- Do I need to log in via Facebook? Yes. Facebook offers a simple, fast, and secure way to login to our site. No need for you to remember another username/password combination. It also enables us to authenticate users which of course means no trolling.
- Can I log in via email? Sorry, no. You can only register via Facebook. Not on Facebook? Get on it.. It’s amazing!
- How do I search? Simply click the Search icon in the header bar, refine your results by selecting your criteria: Player, Coach/Trainer, Club/Facility, enter postcode and radius (or use current location), select sports or activities and click. Job done, simple as that.
- Can I connect with other users directly? You can’t message users directly unless invited to do so but you can send any user a connection request. Once accepted, you can privately coordinate where and when to play.
- How do I connect with coaches/clubs? Email or call coaches/clubs directly if the details are available. Alternatively, if the club has been verified then you can message directly over the Spryt network.
- How do I find my friends? If you can’t find your friends then spread the word – the more people signing up, the more sports partners are available!
- Can I block members? Yes, you can block a member from viewing your profile. Once you have done this they will appear on your blocked list. S/he will not receive any notification of this action.
- How do I change my default sports/activity interests? Click on your profile icon in Header. Under Interests, click Add sports, then click on Save profile.
- Which sports and activities are on Spryt? From Akido to Zumba, we have over 100,000 activities to discover near you.
- What areas does Spryt cover? We have good coverage of UK-wide sporting data with an initial emphasis on London.
- Why is Spryt not available on the App store or Google Play? Spryt is currently a responsive web app. We aim to develop native iOS and Android apps in the near future.
- I have a great idea in how to improve Spryt. How do I let you know? We welcome new ideas. Please contact us.
- I can see my club’s profile but how do I update the information? First step is to take ownership of the club. The bottom of every club profile has a Take ownership Any member can claim ownership, you can also have multiple owners. Having taken ownership, you can upload images, publish events, shoutouts and update all contact and social media details.
- How do I create a new club/coach profile? Click Pages on header bar. There are separate buttons for Coach and Club. Clicking either will take you to a template where you will be prompted to enter information. Several fields are mandatory but we recommend filling out all the fields. Clicking Save will highlight incomplete mandatory fields in red.
- I am already a personal trainer, why would I need Spryt? You will undoubtedly benefit from Spryt. Our dedicated platform will promote your service to local clientele that are interested in your product. It would cost you more not to have Spryt;)
- How do I hide my personal profile? Click on your Profile icon (there is a check box at the bottom of the page).
- I noticed my club’s details are incorrect/incomplete. How do I amend them? The initial data was collated by Team Spryt. We have endeavoured to ensure the accuracy and completion of the data but given the number of records, inconsistencies can sometimes occur. Club/facility details can be edited by claiming ownership of the profile and updating the relevant details or contact us and we will make the changes
- I can’t find my club’s profile page, how do I create a new one? Click Pages on the header bar. There are separate buttons for Coach and Club. Clicking either will take you to a template where you will be prompted to enter information. Several fields are mandatory but we recommend filling out all the fields. Clicking Save will highlight incomplete mandatory fields in red.
- Can more than one person be responsible for a club profile page? Yes, multiple ownership is possible.
- How do I invite teammates to view our club’s profile and join-up to Spryt? By using the Share icons on the club’s profile page you can share with your club’s WhatsApp and Facebook groups, Twitter and Email.
- Is there an easy way of getting friends to join Spryt? Simply click on the WhatsApp, Facebook or Email icons on the Home Page and share with all your friends. Spread the word!
- Can I send as many connection requests as possible? No, to stop spamming we have limited invite requests to 25 per day.
- My sport isn’t listed, how do I add it? Please contact us and we will endeavour to add it. Our ambition is to create a network with the sports and activities that people want.
- Can I add one-off event or update changes to classes? Yes, the Club and Cocah page has a shoutouts box where you can post any informational update relating to your club. There is also and Events section where you can add classes, times, price etc.
- Can I upload a vlog? Not at the moment. But watch this space!
- Is there a cost associated with a coach/club profile? No, creating and maintaining a professional profile is free. There is no cost associated with the current features on the platform. If premium features are requested, the cost of accessing these new features may be passed on.
- I’m a yoga in instructor in London and also hold summer yoga retreats in Majorca. Can I add a non UK location? Certainly, you can add any global location. However, currently you will need a UK based postcode to sign-up.
- I love the Feature activities displayed on my homepage but how did they get there? We have curated editorial content of local sporting activities that we think are cool. So look out for some off-piste inspiration!